RME Hammerfall MULTIFACE Analogue I/O Ver 2 Interface
Price: $2,695.00 inc GST
Delivery: $9 + GST per order or $13+gst for Rural Delivery
E-mail this product to a friend
RME MULTIFACE Analogue I/O Ver 2 Interface
The Multiface is not only multi because of the many different interface formats supported, but also multi-channel! The small box using half the space of a 19" rack includes outstanding power and extensive features. Based on RME's award-winning Hammerfall technology the Multiface offers ADAT optical I/O, ADAT-Sync In, SPDIF I/O, MIDI I/O, word clock I/O and a separate analog line output. On top we provide 8 analog inputs and outputs, balanced and 96 kHz/24 bit, of course. All this can be used on laptops as well as on desktop computers with 'zero cpu load' and low latency!
The Hammerfall® DSP System comes with drivers for Windows 98/ME (MME with multi-client operation, ASIO 2.0, GSIF), Windows 2000/XP (fully multi-client operation of MME, GSIF and ASIO 2.0 plus ASIO multi-client), Mac OS 9.x (ASIO 2.0, OMS MIDI) and Mac OS X (Core Audio, Core MIDI).
The front panel hosts some useful status LEDs, like MIDI state, lock state of the digital inputs and error state of the host-bus. Additionally there's a high-quality 24 bit/96 kHz analog line output, also usable with headphones, and one MIDI I/O.
The rear of the Multiface shows unrivalled connectivity: 8 analog line I/Os on 1/4" TRS jacks (balanced, 24 bit/96 kHz), ADAT optical I/O (switchable to SPDIF optical), ADAT-Sync In, SPDIF I/O coaxial, word clock I/O and MIDI I/O. Don't settle for less!
The Multiface can be used with laptops as well as desktop computers. The connection to notebooks is achieved via a CardBus card, the connection to desktops via a PCI card. These interfaces are sold separately.
- 8 x analog line I/O, 96 kHz/24 bit, SNR 105 dBA, 1/4" TRS jacks
- 1 x SPDIF digital I/O, based on RME's reliable DIGI96 technology
- 1 x ADAT Sync In (9-pin D-type) for sample accurate transfers
- 1 x Word clock I/O (BNC)
- 1 x analog line/headphone output, separate output for independent submix
- 1 x MIDI I/O, 16 channels high-speed MIDI
- HDSP Meter Bridge: freely scalable level meters, peak and RMS calculation directly in hardware
- TotalMix: 720 channel mixer with 40 bit internal resolution
- S/MUX poured in hardware: 4 channels 96 kHz/24 bit for record and playback via ADAT optical
- Supported sample rates: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 64 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, variable
- 8 buffer sizes/latencies available: 1.5 ms, 3 ms, 6 ms, 12 ms, 23 ms, 46 ms, 93 ms, 186 ms
- ASIO zero CPU load technology: 0 (zero!)% CPU load when using ALL 36 channels!
- All settings changeable in realtime
- Clock modes slave and master
- Automatic, intelligent master/slave clock control
- Enhanced Mixed mode: All inputs and outputs simultaneously operational
- Unsurpassed Bitclock PLL (audio synchronization) in ADAT mode
- Enhanced Zero Latency Monitoring for latency-free submixes and perfect
- ASIO Direct Monitoring
- Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
- Dynamic ratio analog AD: 105 dBA, DA: 112 dBA
- THD+N AD: -96 dB (0.0016%), DA: -91 dB (0.002%)
- Analog level @ 0 dBFS (set by internal jumpers): +2 dBV, +13 dBu, +19 dBu
- Input 8 x line (1/4" TRS jacks), 1 x optical (TOSLINK), 1 x coaxial (Cinch), 1 x MIDI, word clock (BNC), ADAT Sync
- Input format SPDIF, AES/EBU (Consumer, Professional), ADAT optical
- 8 x line (1/4" TRS jacks), 1 x optical (TOSLINK), stereo analog line (TRS), 1 x coaxial (phono), 1 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
- Format output SPDIF, AES/EBU (Consumer/Professional), ADAT optical